-1 white onion
-2 celery stalks
-1 medium carrot
-2-3 cloves garlic
-16 oz. frozen broccoli flowerets, thawed and chopped into 1" pieces
-32 oz. vegetable stock
-4 tbsp. butter
-4 tbsp. flour
-1 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
-1/2 teaspoon Lawry's salt or regular salt
-1/2 teaspoon garlic pepper or regular pepper
-Dash of ground nutmeg (optional)
-Shredded cheddar cheese (optional)
1. Chop onion, celery stalks, and carrot and set aside in a bowl with 2-3 cloves minced garlic.
2. Make a roux out of 4 tbsp butter and 4 tbsp flour.
3. As the roux begins to thicken and bubble, slowly stir in 32 oz. of vegetable stock and bring to a boil.
4. Add in your onion, carrot, celery and minced garlic and boil over medium-high heat for approximately 15 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
Mmmmmmm... I guarantee you it smells delicious at this point.
5. Add in broccoli, salt, and nutmeg. Continue to boil until broccoli is tender and cooked through.
6. Stir in 1 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream and simmer over low heat for an additional 5 minutes, or until hot.
7. Garnish with cheese if desired.
This soup is deliciously thick and hearty... perfect for chilly winter nights.