Saturday, April 5, 2008

Rollerblading Adventure

Today I went rollerblading for the first time in a looooooong time. I thought that it could be a really fun way to stay in shape this summer, especially with our proximity to the bike path here in Davenport.

Well, it was MUCH HARDER than I remember it being as a kid. The good thing about it is that it forced me to use muscle groups that I forgot I had. However, my rollerblading adventure was not completely without incident. I am not sure if it is my right rollerblade or my right leg that is retarded (quite frankly, it could be either) but for one reason or another I COULD NOT keep my right rollerblade up. Every time I tried to skate it would fall over to the right side. I'm sure I was quite the spectacle to passers-by.

When Brett gets home from Chicago tomorrow (by the way, Brett's in Chicago) I am going to have him help me to asses the situation. One thing that you may not know about me is that I can be pretty shameless when it comes to returning things to the store. Not quite as shameless as those people who wear shoes for a year and then return them to Nordstrom, but if I think something is defective, I'm not keeping it. If Brett thinks (as I do) that it is a retarded rollerblade and not user error, those babies are going right back to Target.

1 comment:

the sheldons said...

Rollerblading is awesome. Did you end up taking them back to Target?

Related Posts with Thumbnails