Sunday, January 30, 2011

You Should Make This For Superbowl

First let me say that it feels so nice to be back in action.  I was recently stricken with the plague sick with the world's worst cough/cold combo.  Man, I did not leave my house (or my couch for that matter) for over a week.  Let me just say that I don't wish that illness on anyone, and I particularly don't wish being full term and sick on even my worst enemy.  Fortunately, the baby has decided to wait for me to be better before making her entrance into the world.  I was VERY worried for a while about going into labor without being 100%. 

Anyway, on to more exciting things like yummy recipes.  You should totally make this delicious cheesy bean dip for the Superbowl. 

In the interest of full disclosure, this is not my recipe.  I shamelessly stole it from another website, but that doesn't make it any less delicious.  Here it is: 
-2 cans Hormel chili with beans (I used vegetarian, but you can use any kind)
-1 block of cream cheese
-1/2 red onion, chopped
-1 small can diced tomatoes with green chiles
-1 cup shredded Mexican cheese
-pinch of cilantro
-pinch of cumin
-salt and pepper to taste

Drain Chili and diced tomatoes. Mix Chili and cream cheese. Mix in all other ingredients, except the shredded cheese. Add shredded cheese to top. Bake at 375 for about 15-20 or until cheese is bubbly. Serve with tortilla chips. Enjoy! 

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails