Monday, September 7, 2009

Labor Day Weekend

Brett and I had a very nice, relaxing 3 day weekend. Saturday morning consisted of the usual lunch at China Cafe and grocery run. Later that day we headed over to Meggan & Dusty's. We went to Vander Veer park in Davenport to take some pictures of their adorable family:


Afterwards they were kind enough to have us over to their place for some delicious tacos. Brett of course made some of his famous salsa. YUM!

The next day we all decided to rendezvous at Scott County Park. I wish I had known about Scott County Park a few years ago, because it's really a neat place to camp/fish/swim/enjoy the outdoors. This time we all headed to the swimming pool, which was surprisingly un-crowded for Labor Day weekend. I really enjoyed the waterslides! Here's a pic of me going down the spiral-y one:


My timing was way off and the only slide pic I could get of Brett was just of his legs! Haha!


We also tried out the diving boards. Here is my one and only trip off the high-dive:


Dusty was much braver than me:


Since we were all together, we decided to continue Labor Day festivities and have a BBQ. It just isn't Labor Day without a BBQ!

Today was a lazier day, although it did involve 2 unscheduled trips to the grocery store (why can't I ever remember everything I need???). Brett took me to lunch at Lunardi's (a small mom & pop Italian place) and then we went to see Julie & Julia which was really cute and a lot funnier than I thought it would be.

All in all it was a great Labor Day weekend. :)

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails